Live Music Performance Grant Program
(for local hotels)
- Funding for the Live Music Performance Grant Program comes from an allocation of the Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- Pursuant to the Texas State Statute governing the use of hotel occupancy tax, funded projects must directly promote tourism and the convention/hotel industry AND fit within the state statute’s definition of the arts, as stated in the grant guidelines.
- The intent of the Live Music Performance Grant Program is to serve as an economic stimulus for artists who perform live music in Lubbock and to promote what Lubbock has to offer musically to visitors.
- The goal for the 2021/2022 grant program is to:
1. Enhance current live music programs offered by local hotels by adding more performances (i.e.days of the week) to increase opportunities for local artists to perform.
2. Encourage local hotels that are not currently providing live music for their guests to implement a live music program thereby increasing more opportunities for local artists to perform.
- Local hotels interested in applying for grant funding through this program to assist with expanding or developing a live music program for their hotels are invited to review the Grant Guidelines and Application Form that are available for download in the Downloads section of this page.
- The deadline to submit grant applications for this grant program is no later than Wednesday, September 1, 2021. The funding period for the 2021 Grant Program will be for performances that take place between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
- For questions about the Live Music Performance Grant Program, please call 806.775.2267.