Civic Lubbock, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established in 1956. Our mission is to foster and promote cultural, educational, and entertainment activities, to include the visual and performing arts, for the citizens of Lubbock and the surrounding area.
Civic Lubbock, Inc.
- Supports programming of local arts and cultural organizations through grant funding programs
- Supports and promotes local musicians/songwriters through our annual Lubbock Music NOW CD project
- Administers the West Texas Walk of Fame Inductions that honor artists with a strong connection to West Texas
- Develops and funds projects that support Lubbock’s musical heritage
- Administers and provides funding for a public art program that includes the acquisition and maintenance of public art on city-owned property
How do we do all this? With revenues generated from concession sales and catering in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre along with the operation of Select-a-Seat.
Civic Lubbock also receives and administers a portion of the Hotel Occupancy Tax that underwrites local visual arts and performing arts programs.
The Board of Directors of Civic Lubbock, Inc. is comprised of individuals that bring diverse backgrounds, areas of expertise and a dedication to fostering the arts and entertainment in Lubbock.
Grace Q. Gonzales