The West Texas
Walk of Fame
West Texas Walk of Fame
Congratulations to our 2022 Walk of Fame Inductees!
Inducted November 10, 2022
Thank you to the following for their support and assistance:
Caldwell Entertainment, Visit Lubbock, The Museum at Texas Tech University,
The Southwest Collection, Advanced Graphix, Lubbock Moonlight Musicals, Buddy Holly Center and the City of Lubbock
Artist, Sculptor and
Western Swing Artist,
Fiddle Player and Bandleader
Western Swing Artist, Singer, Fiddle Player and
Fiddle Player and Poet
The West Texas Walk of Fame honors those individuals/groups with a strong connection to Lubbock and the West Texas area who have devoted a significant part of their lives to the development and production of the performing and visual arts and whose body of work has been influential nationally in one of more of these areas. The West Texas area, for the purposes of this project, is generally interpreted as a 150-mile radius of Lubbock.
Criteria for Induction
- Inductees are selected for nomination by the Walk of Fame Committee of Civic Lubbock, Inc.
- Nominations are then submitted to the Civic Lubbock, Inc. Board for approval.
- Inductees must have devoted a significant part of their lives to the development and production of the performing and visual arts and their body of work has been influential nationally in one or more of these areas.
- Inductees must have a significant connection to Lubbock or the West Texas area which is defined as follows: inductees must have been born in or spent much of their formative or creative years in Lubbock or the West Texas area.
- The dates of the inductions are at the discretion of the Civic Lubbock, Inc. Board and subject to the availability of the inductees.
- All nominees must agree to be present for the formal induction ceremony unless unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances.
To suggest a candidate for consideration
While the Walk of Fame Committee maintains a database with biographical information and accomplishments of potential candidates, suggestions by the public are welcomed. To offer a suggested candidate for consideration, please send a letter along with the candidate’s biographical information and their accomplishments in the performing and/or visual arts based on the criteria listed above, to:
West Texas Walk of Fame Committee
1501 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401