2019 West Texas Walk of Fame Inductees
Congratulations to these amazingly talented artists who were formally inducted
into the West Texas Walk of Fame on September 19, 2019.
A very special thank you to Caldwell Entertainment, Lubbock Moonlight Musicals, the Southwest Collection,
Lone Star Decorating, Advanced Graphix, Tarpley Music, the Buddy Holly Center and
the City of Lubbock for their invaluable assistance and support of this project.
The West Texas Walk of Fame honors those individuals/groups with a strong connection to Lubbock and the West Texas area who have devoted a significant part of their lives to the development and production of the performing and visual arts and whose body of work has been influential nationally in one of more of these areas. The West Texas area, for the purposes of this project, is generally interpreted as a 150-mile radius of Lubbock.
Criteria for Induction
- Inductees are selected for nomination by the Walk of Fame Committee of Civic Lubbock, Inc.
- Nominations are then submitted to the Civic Lubbock, Inc. Board for approval.
- Inductees must have devoted a significant part of their lives to the development and production of the performing and visual arts and their body of work has been influential nationally in one or more of these areas.
- Inductees must have a significant connection to Lubbock or the West Texas area which is defined as follows: inductees must have been born in or spent their formative or creative years in Lubbock or the West Texas area.
- The dates of the inductions are at the discretion of the Civic Lubbock, Inc. Board and subject to the availability of the inductees. Unless an inductee is being recognized posthumously, all inductees must agree to be present for the formal induction ceremony.
To suggest a candidate for consideration
While the Walk of Fame Committee maintains a database with biographical information and accomplishments of potential candidates, they welcome suggestions by the public. To offer a suggestion for consideration, please send a letter along with the candidate’s biographical information and their accomplishments in the performing and/or visual arts, to:
West Texas Walk of Fame Committee
1501 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Visit the West Texas
Walk of Fame
The West Texas Walk of Fame is located on the corner of 19th Street and Crickets Ave. in the Buddy and Maria Elena Holly Plaza across from the Buddy Holly Center.
Lubbock Is Music Friendly
Lubbock has been designated recently as a Music Friendly Community