About the Cultural Arts Grant Program
The City of Lubbock’s Cultural Arts Grant Program, as administered by Civic Lubbock, Inc., provides local cultural organizations with financial support for projects that promote tourism and the arts and humanities in Lubbock.
Funding for the Cultural Arts Grant Program comes from Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) that is collected from local hotels, motels, and bed and breakfast inns. The revenues from Hotel Occupancy Tax can only be used for certain expenditures as outlined by the State of Texas Tax Code 351.101
In order to be eligible for consideration, applicants and proposed projects must meet each of the following criteria:
- Applying organizations must be a 501(c) 3 tax exempt organization or government equivalent and actively pursuing its goals as a chartered organization for at least one year prior to applying.
- The project must directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry, i.e. a project that is likely to draw tourists and hotel guests.
- The project must fit into the Tax Code 351.101(a)(4) funding category that enhances the Arts.
- Applicants must be in good standing with both the City of Lubbock and Civic Lubbock, Inc. at the time applications are considered.
- For the full text of eligibility requirements, please review the Cultural Arts Grant Program Guidelines and Procedures available in the Downloads section.
2022 Cultural Arts Grant Program
If you did not submit a grant application in 2021, but have submitted applications in the past, there were a few changes to the Grant Program and the Application Process effective with the 2021 program. Those changes were:
- Applications will be accepted once a year with a submission deadline of June 1. Should June 1 fall on a Saturday or Sunday of any given year, applications will be due the preceding Friday.
- The annual grant cycle will cover projects that take place between September 1 and August 31 following the June 1 application deadline.
- The Pre-Application Grant Workshop is mandatory for first time applicants only.
This includes representatives from organizations that are first time applicants and staff members of past recipient organizations who are new to the grant process.
*Note: Representatives from past grant recipient organizations are welcome to attend
the workshop, but it is not mandatory.
The deadline to submit grant applications for the 2022 Cultural Arts Grant Program will be Wednesday, June 1, 2021, but earlier submission aids in the processing.
The 2022 Grant Cycle will be for projects that take place between September 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023.
The Pre-Application Cultural Arts Grant Workshop for First Time Applicants is scheduled for Monday, May 2, 2022 at 4:00PM in Meeting Room 107 at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.
The Guidelines and Applications Forms along with the Financial Information Forms (Project Budget forms) are available under “Downloads.” Please make sure you save the form to your computer first and work with the application form using Adobe Reader in order for the forms to print properly.