Local Grant Program
- Provides funding assistance to Lubbock non-profit 501(c) 3 organizations (or government equivalent) for arts, cultural and/or entertainment events that will be held in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center or the Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
- Profits generated from the operation of concessions at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre, revenues from Select-a-Seat and catering commissions are used to help fund this Grant Program.
- This grant program was established in 1977 with the opening of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.
- To qualify for consideration of funding from the Local Grant program, all organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Local organization must be federally tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Proposed event must be defined primarily as an arts, cultural or entertainment event.
- Proposed event must be available and open to the public.
- Proposed event must be held in one of the following venues: Lubbock Memorial Civic Center or the Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
- Organizations must be in good standing with both the City of Lubbock and Civic Lubbock, Inc.
Important Notice regarding the 2023/2024 Local Grant Program
Civic Lubbock, Inc. is pleased to announce that $85,000 is available to grant out through the 2023/2024 Local Grant Program! This is the highest amount that has been allocated for this grant program since 1978!
Grant Application Process
- The Local Grant Guidelines, Application Form and the Project Budget Form are available for download in the Downloads section of this page.
- Please review the Local Grant Program Guidelines before submitting an application to insure that the proposed event meets the criteria for funding.
- Application and required attachments must be submitted no later than Monday, April 3, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
- This grant funding cycle will consider eligible events occurring between October 1, 2023 and September 30, 2024. (See Eligibility section above)
- Funding from this grant program assists with Civic Lubbock stagehand labor fees, building rent and/or security fees associated with the use of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and/or Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
For more information about this grant program, please contact us at 806.775.2267 or by email to email@example.com
Downloads: Local Grant Program Documents and Forms:
Application and Budget Forms
This form is an Excel spreadsheet and must be submitted with your Grant Application.
Final Report Form
This form is due within 60 days following the grant funded event