Local Grant Program
- Provides funding assistance to Lubbock non-profit organizations for arts, cultural and/or entertainment events that will be held in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center or the Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
- Profits generated from the operation of concessions at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre, revenues from Select-a-Seat and catering commissions are used to fund this Grant Program.
- This grant program was established in 1977 with the opening of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.
- To qualify for consideration of funding from the Local Grant program, all organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Organization must be federally tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Proposed event must be defined primarily as an arts, cultural or entertainment event.
- Proposed event must be available and open to the public.
- Proposed event must be held in one of the following venues: Lubbock Memorial Civic Center or the Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
- Organizations must be in good standing with both the City of Lubbock and Civic Lubbock, Inc.
Important Notice regarding the 2021/2022 Local Grant Program
Unfortunately the pandemic has had a very negative impact on Civic Lubbock’s revenues that fund this grant program. As a result, there is no funding available for the 2021/2022 Local Grant Program and applications will not be accepted at this time.
It is the hope that once in-person events return to a level that generates enough revenue to fund the Local Grant Program, it can be re-instated.
For more information about this grant program, please contact us at 806.775.2267 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org