Local Grant Program
- Provides funding assistance to Lubbock non-profit 501(c) 3 organizations (or government equivalent) for arts, cultural and/or entertainment events that will be held in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center or the Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
- Profits generated from the operation of concessions at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre, revenues from Select-a-Seat and catering commissions are used to help fund this Grant Program.
- This grant program was established in 1977 with the opening of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.
- To qualify for consideration of funding from the Local Grant program, all organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Local organization must be federally tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Proposed event must be defined primarily as an arts, cultural or entertainment event.
- Proposed event must be available and open to the public.
- Proposed event must be held in one of the following venues: Lubbock Memorial Civic Center or the Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
- Organizations must be in good standing with both the City of Lubbock and Civic Lubbock, Inc.
Important Notice regarding the 2022/2023 Local Grant Program
Civic Lubbock, Inc. is pleased to announce that $75,000 is available to grant out through the 2022/2023 Local Grant Program!
Grant Application Process
- The Local Grant Guidelines, Application Form and the Project Budget Form are available for download in the Downloads section of this page.
- Please review the Local Grant Program Guidelines before submitting an application to insure that the proposed event meets the criteria for funding.
- Application and required attachments must be submitted no later than Friday, April 1, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
- This grant funding cycle will consider eligible events occurring between October 1, 2022 and September 30, 2023. (See Eligibility section above)
- Funding from this grant program assists with Civic Lubbock stagehand labor fees, building rent and/or security fees associated with the use of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and/or Moonlight Musicals Amphitheatre.
For more information about this grant program, please contact us at 806.775.2267 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org